Dear ladies and gentleman:
Firstly, I would like to thank all of you for your continued support and enthusiasm in regards to this humble online graphic novel The Poet and the Flea. The Flea is a work of curiosity, passion, and dedication so I truly appreciate each and every comment and “like.”
The Flea has finally reached 30 pages online. And with this I must take a hiatus to take care of some important business. I am a young artist who does not earn a steady income — I have worked a number of unpaid internships and have only finally begun working as a paid freelance illustrator. Also, it is one of my greatest dreams to see The Flea in print and published by a professional graphic novel company. For these reasons, I need to take some time to submit query letters to both publishers and literary agents who deal with graphic novels. I hope you will understand the necessity of this hiatus.
In the meantime, there are plenty of ways you can help support The Poet and the Flea and keep up with my work.
1) Currently, I am working on several freelance illustration projects. For Zest Books, I am creating cover and interior art for Scared Stiff: 50 Phobias That Freak Us Out as well as cover art for Members Only: Unlocking the World’s Most Inscrutable Organizations. I am also participating in A Raven Above Press‘s Welsh Saints Project, contributing an illustration of Saint Tewdrig. I am so thrilled to be working on these projects and hope you’ll all enjoy the finished products once they are released.
2) Soon, I will be opening an online store entitled The Poet and the Flea Market (thepoetandtheflea.storenvy.com) via Storenvy! There, I will be selling various Flea-related merchandise as well as a number of original zines. More information coming soon.
3) This autumn, I will be attending a few expos/conventions/fests. For more information, click here. I hope those attending SF Zine Fest, SPX, APE, etc. will stop by and visit my table. 🙂
4) I am almost done illustrating the cover + first 10 pages of a graphic novel collaboration with talented writer Shannon Brady called The First Reich. Within the coming months, I’m hoping to post these pages online as a preview.
5) This August, I will be collaborating with Sacramento director Josh Mihal on a short film entitled The Man Who Never Smiled. I am absolutely excited to finally see one of my scripts come to fruition and am also eager to send the finished project to various festivals and competitions. For more information, click here.
6) ★★★ The best way to support The Poet and the Flea is to spread the word! Please share my graphic novel on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. (and be sure to link back to this website, thepoetandtheflea.wordpress.com)! ★★★
Thank you all for your patience and understanding!
Main Blog: gegallas.wordpress.com
Copyright 2013 by G. E. Gallas