Dear ladies and gentleman:
Here is a much overdue update on myself and The Poet and the Flea:
- SPX (Small Press Expo) is only a few days away! I’m more or less ready — I just have to pack all my zines, prints, etc. into a suitcase. And I am incredibly excited for the two-day event. 🙂
- I have been making a lot of progress on short film Death Is No Bad Friend with director Mary Lachapelle. For the last few months, we’ve been working on a proposal for a number of grants. And we are almost, almost, almost ready to send out our first one.
- I’ve been continuing to work on The First Reich (thefirstreich.wordpress.com) about the Jewish-Austrian psychoanalyst Wilhelm Reich. I’ve penciled in pages 11 through 25, but haven’t had a chance to ink them in yet. I had a really wonderful meeting with writer Shannon Brady last night, so I can’t wait to complete the new pages!
- I’ve been very busy sending out query letters to literary agents that represent graphic novels. I’m also compiling a list of graphic novel publishers to eventually submit directly to and am also looking into self-publishing if all else fails.
- I’ve been working on illustrating pages 41 through 60 of The Poet and the Flea and hope to finish them in October. I also hope to work on pages 61 through 80 in November and December and then pages 81 through 100 in January and February. These are challenging goals, but I’ll take them all in baby steps. 😀
Many thanks and kind regards,