Dear ladies and gentleman:
Here is an update on myself and The Poet and the Flea:
- Once again, I’ve been busy trying to crowdfund short film Death Is No Bad Friend about Robert Louis Stevenson. Please take a look at our Hatchfund campaign here : hatchfund.org/project/death_is_no_bad_friend.
- Last month, I had an amazing time as a guest speaker for Wendall K. Harrington’s “Visual Storytelling” course at Yale University School of Drama. You can read more about it here (gegallas.wordpress.com/2015/01/05/yale-december-2014) and here (gegallas.wordpress.com/2015/01/12/yale-december-2014-yale-center-for-british-art-and-yale-university-art-gallery).
- Last week, I completed a huge freelance project of over 50 illustrations called Do More Good. Better. by Steve Scheier.
- This week, I begin a course called “Publication Design with InDesign.”
- GUEST SPEAKER: I am so excited to announce I will be a guest speaker for Diane Critchfield’s “British Literature II” course at Germanna Community College in Fredericksburg, Virginia this February 4th. If you’re in the area, the talk is open to the public!
- PROGRESS: I’ve been working the last few months on new pages of The Poet and the Flea. I’ve completed penciling and inking pages 41 through 60 and can’t wait to finish shading everything in. I’ve sketched out all the thumbnails for volume one, so now I know it will be 95 pages long. I’ve also started penciling pages 61 through 80. I’m hoping to finish up to page 60 in a month or so, and then begin focusing on pages 61 through 80. Then, 81 through 95. Yay! 🙂
Many thanks and kind regards,