You can now read 12 never-before-scene pages of my graphic novel The Poet and the Flea (Volume 1) on OpenDemocracy.net!
There are only 11 days left on Kickstarter to preorder The Poet and the Flea (Vol. 1), so please check it out here: kickstarter.com/projects/868711984/the-poet-and-the-flea-ode-to-william-blake-volume.
Here is the new cover for my graphic novel The Poet and the Flea about the poet-painter William Blake!
Please check out this nice review/preview of my graphic novel The Poet and the Flea:
Thank you so much, Moar Powah!
THE POET AND THE FLEA
START: OCTOBER 1ST, 2015
END: NOVEMBER 29TH, 2015
THE POET AND THE FLEA (VOLUME ONE) is a 95-page graphic novel written and illustrated by G. E. Gallas about the poet-painter William Blake.
BY PRE-ORDERING, YOU ARE HELPING ME SELF-PUBLISH/PRINT VOLUME ONE AND SUPPORTING WORK ON VOLUME TWO.
$10: DIGITAL EDITION of The Poet and the Flea (Vol. 1), emailed to you on November 28th, 2015, William Blake’s 258th birthday!
$20: PAPERBACK EDITION of The Poet and the Flea (Vol. 1).
$25: DIGITAL and PAPERBACK EDITION of The Poet and the Flea (Vol. 1).
$25: AUTOGRAPHED PAPERBACK EDITION of The Poet and the Flea (Vol. 1).
$30: DIGITAL and AUTOGRAPHED PAPERBACK EDITION of The Poet and the Flea (Vol. 1).
$75: LIMITED AUTOGRAPHED HARDCOVER EDITION of The Poet and the Flea (Vol. 1), including an ORIGINAL HAND-DRAWN SKETCH by G. E. Gallas.
THE STORY: A reimagining of the life of the poet-painter WILLIAM BLAKE. Set in 1790, at the onset of The Industrial Revolution, William suffers from the death of his beloved younger brother, Robert. Catherine (Kate) Blake attempts to comfort her husband, but cannot dispel his grief. During this spell of anxiety, William is visited by an ominous creature: THE GHOST OF A FLEA. The Flea reveals a vested interest in William’s spiritual well-being — the result of an unorthodox wager. Will William triumph over The Flea’s sinister meddling? Or will he fall victim to The Flea’s corruption?
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:
- “Gallas has an intriguing approach to having a true literary icon face the darkness of corruption and self doubt, with dialogue that gives a certain elegance to the interactions… The Poet and the Flea is a close, cerebral look at an intriguing character through the pen of a creator who clearly knows what she’s talking about.” –Drew of Music City Comics
- “Gallas’ style, pen and ink with a discernible influence of Manga, sets Blake, to no detriment, as a young Johnny Depp in a romantic and gothic Tim Burton scene.” –Sarah Goode for the British Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies
- “Gallas knows when to focus on the written narrative, and when to let the pictures speak for themselves.” –Hannah Meiklejohn for Lemonade: Freshly Squeezed Art & Culture Magazine
- “What a wonderful telling of this story! Word & image came together in a rich harmony. We could all see angels lighting up a tree if we got into the habit of looking for them. You encourage me to keep on looking!” –Stephen C. Winter, Anglican priest, spiritual guide, writer and speaker
- “When I view [Gallas’] narrative, I feel it in my stomach like a knotted up fist we feel when we ride a roller coaster, so the feeling is visceral, and tender and it stays with you for some moments, less of the mind more of the soul…” –blogger tocksin.wordpress.com
- “…it’s really a beautiful and touchingly told little book. …[Blake] was more than due for a comic treatment, and Gallas does it precisely as it ought to be done.” –author of webcomic Fredrick the Great: A Most Lamentable Comedy Breaching Time and Space
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
I hope you enjoy The Poet and the Flea (Volume One) and I truly appreciate your support!